Monday 4 April 2011

The Celebrations in Words!!

The amazing stuff that has been written about Team India!!

Anhoni ko honi karde, honi ko anhoni;
Ek jagah jab jama ho teeno, Ghajni, Rajni aur Dhoni…
-          Singing in the streets last night



Rajnikant has watched India win in his dream last night, Today, he’s just watching the highlights!
-          Anonymous tweet

All the politicians @ Wankhede please note, that’s what a leader looks like # Dhoni.
-          Anonymous tweet

Saturday belongs to Lord Hanuman, and this clearly is his emphatic victory over Lanka.
-          Swapnil Parab, Lalbaug, Mumbai

After Sehwag and Sachin’s wicket fell:
No more fall of wickets, Rajnikant paddling up!
-          Anonymous guy in the crowd

Before the India- Pakistan encounter:
Dear Pakistan, we come from the land of KAMASUTRA, and have 277 ways to fuck, so just wait and watch!!
-          SMS courtesy Vishal Thakkar

Semi Final Teams:
Group A- Pakistan, Australia and Sri Lanka.
Group B- India
Jhundh mein toh kutte aate hain, Sher akela aata hai!
-          SMS courtesy Sandeep Rathi.

Pehle maari goron ki,
Phir haram khoro ki,
Phir baari aayi sita ke choro ki!
Bolo Jai Shri Ram!!
-          Anonymous SMS

A 23-year old drought that began in 1987 and kept ending fruitlessly every four years, finally gave India- a country of 1.21 billion people- its moment of glory. It all happened at the historic Wankhede Stadium here.
-          TOI

Asked for revenge for Dada's pain..and you gave it..
Asked for revenge for the nightmare of the burning Eden and you gave it..
Asked for a lifetime desire to see the World Cup in the hands of the person, who has been playing since the day I was born...and you gave it..
Asked for the chance to turn back and say: "Yes, Dhoni & Co"..for every "Yes, Kapil & Co" that I heard...and you gave it..
THANK YOU TEAM INDIA!!

-          Facebook status, Pramit Pratim Ghosh

For the last 21 years, he has shouldered the burden of the team. It is time we carried him on our shoulders.
-          Virat Kohli, Member of the ICC World Cup 2011 winning team

Sorry to disappoint you all. This is not for my girlfriend. It is for Sachin Tendulkar.
-          Yuvraj Singh, Member of the ICC World Cup 2011 winning team.

Emotions were running high. As soon as I hit the six, I was almost half way down the pitch and I thought I would grab the stumps at the non-striker’s end as souvenirs. But then I saw Yuvraj standing there and I was afraid he will grab that stump. I then told myself, forget hugging Yuvraj, let me grab a stump first. That confusion made me stand still in the middle of the pitch.
-          M S Dhoni, Captain, Indian Cricket Team, World Champions 2011.

As a kid, I always wanted to lift that World Cup trophy. All my cricket has been for that. On the way, several things have happened, several records and some achievements that have given me happiness. But this is the ultimate. The most proud moment of my career This world cup is for the entire nation. I am happy I could bring a smile to a billion people.
-          Sachin Tendulkar.



“Are there tears, in your eyes?” Tendulkar’s former Mumbai teammate Sanjay Majrekar, now a commentator, asked him. Tendulkar almost shied away, laughing. “I want to thank the team that made it possible. The support staff and particularly Mike Horn,” he said.
Dhoni, Zaheer, Yuvraj, Harbhajan, Virat – they all lined up next to him pointing fingers at Tendulkar to tell who they got inspired to win it for. Tendulkar just smiled.
-          At the post match celebrations, Wankhede stadium, Mumbai, 2nd April 2011.

2 comments: