Sunday 5 September 2010

Sports... Play and much more...

I am at SIMSR... playing Basketball and Throwball for my class team... I learnt throwball 4 days ago... and i touched basketball after 5 years... But it is an amazing experience... Sport is an excellent way to bring people together... teach the importance of team and the final objective being more important than your personal goal.. No wonder organisations use this tool so often in team building.. you strategise, plan, co-ordinate, play (and get ur ass off the chair for once!!) , win, lose, and learn so much... I have observed that people who are excellent sportsmen also know how to handle losses in real life..

I'll give an example... Fabien Marsaud... a 6ft. 5" guy...played 5 sports ... Football, tennis, athletics, swimming and his true love... Basketball.. he was one of the youngest players in the whole of France to get a contract with a club... But destiny willed otherwise... After a life altering accident in the swimming pool, he damaged his spine and was bed ridden... Doctors told he might not even walk again... Imagine... a guy whose life was sports couldnt do any activity... After two years, he started recovering.. He took up slam poetry as a passtime.. Now he motivates people all over the country to not give up and get going...

Sport is one of those things that gives u this capability... Resilience.. The ability to get back up and strike back at things... I am glad that i found it back here... Somewhere i did miss it... Thank You.. my team mates, my class and my family... For a culture that makes sure you not just survive.. but also exist and flourish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment